Wednesday, June 22, 2005

No less a Durbinhead now

So, the Durbinhead makes mention anew of his idiotic views.

[obligatory 'apology' from the Durbinhead]
"I am also sorry if anything I said cast a negative light on our fine men and women in the military ... I never ever intended any disrespect for them. Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line to them I extend my heartfelt apology...I have come to understand that was a very poor choice of words...I don't want anything in my public career to detract from my love for this country, my respect for those who serve it and this great Senate. I offer my apologies to those who were offended."
[/obligatory 'apology' from the Durbinhead]

Now, far be it from me to refuse to accept such an obviously abject and humble apology.
By the way, since I am new to the blogosphere, let me introduce you to one of my favorite tools - Sarcasm. Please note that said tool was employed in the previous line, specifically in the words "obviously abject and humble."

I must note, in explanation of my skepticism about this Durbinhead's apology, that he, not once but twice, expressed these imbecilic, vitriolic, and morally incomprehensible words on the floor of the Senate (if I remember correctly). Given the huge media firestorm his words rightly generated, you have to wonder why he waited until Tuesday 21 June to apologise for them (though, the discerning reader will note, he did not retract them). That means that it has been one week since the first statement.

Shame on you, Durbinhead. And shame on you, Democrats, for not sticking pins in this guy so as to keep him from making a fool of your party and the US. At least in France, most normal people still blanch at the mention of the Holocaust.

No comments: