Sunday, April 30, 2006

I am SO lame

Hi everyone.
I'm lame b/c about 9 days ago I was playing basketball in the big gym in town... it's getting warmer and pretty humid, so the floors were kind of slick and damp. So I was going to be really careful, but about 20 minutes into the practice while we were doing 2 on 1 drills, I went up for a block and slipped and fell on the landing, twisting my right ankle and knee. So all this week I've been unable to go much of anywhere, which is pretty annoying, I must say. I finally can walk w/o too much of a limp and some not-too-hard biking is OK by now, which is really nice. But I'm still slow in getting around and can't prayer-walk every day like I used to. Maybe in a week or so I'll be ready for that.
This week is called "Golden Week," which is basically kind of like Spring Break for the Japanese. They celebrate by hanging all these dorky carp flags on lots of houses and buildings that represent good health and good development of the nation's boys. But the upshot is that Wed, Thurs, and Fri are all vacation days. Sweet. So Aub gets off all 3 of those days. I don't know what we're going to do... I would really like to do some extensive biking and exploration of Kikai, and that would normally include some hiking around on dead and exposed coral reefs, but I have to be really careful on those for fear of messing up my legs when I'm at 100%, to say nothing of when I'm already lame up. But there are some cool things to see that are only about an hour by bike one-way... Just hope the leg holds up, and the weather too.

Don't know what else to say. More pics later.

No comments: