Tuesday, February 07, 2012

"The End of Infidelity"

Last year, John Loftus and some colleagues published a book titled The End Of Christianity (Amherst, New York: Prometheus Books, 2011). The back cover and inside endorsements describe the book as "the sharpest set of intellectual criticisms [of Christianity] found under the cover of a single volume", "tremendously useful", "superb", and "exceedingly well-researched". One endorser claims, "This book should win the game: Christianity, it's strike three and you are out!" Another tells us, "No collection better demonstrates how taking Christianity seriously reveals its all-too-human origin." We're told that "Loftus and his friends annihilate the Christian Goliath".

Steve Hays and Jason Engwer have written an e-book in response, which you can read here, titled The End Of Infidelity, edited by Peter Pike.

Those who haven't read Loftus' book can find an overview of it here. Readers might want to read each chapter summary on the page linked before reading each of the chapter responses.

2 comments:

Gianni said...

Hi Rhology,

This is out of topic (at least I think it is), but I suppose I am speaking for the whole community of faithful Triablogue readers when I beg you to provide some hints regarding the delightfully haunting clip of the nodding Asian businessmen. Where did you get it from? Where can I see the whole clip? I'm dying to know. My kids also keep asking me, and in a moment of weakness I promised them I will find out.

Cheers,
Gianni

Rhology said...

Hahaa, it was cooked up by Patrick Chan.
Email me at rhology gmail and I'll get you in touch.